Horsing Around

Many readily available paints can be dangerous to animals because they contain toxic chemicals which include heavy metals and VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds). These paints emit toxic gases, which can ‘off gas’ from the paint for many years to follow. The smell maybe gone after a few days but do not be fooled, the air pollution does not stop.

Many pets these days are indoor pets, so this is becoming a major problem in animal welfare. Unfortunately not only are they inhaling the gases in their environment, they are often ingesting the harmful toxins by chewing, licking, and eating the surfaces that are painted. If you love your fur children, please decorate with their safety and happiness in mind.

Here is an interesting fact on Melbourne Cup Day.
Horses are particularly susceptible to the negative effects of allergic respiratory disease. Poor or polluted air quality can cause, or exacerbate, respiratory disorders ranging from a condition known as ‘Heavies” or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) through to an inflammatory condition known as “Small Airway Disease.” Both conditions are allergic reactions believed to be triggered by irritants in the horse’s environment. To provide a horse with an air safe and stall safe environment it is essential to use the correct paint products.

Colourfied’s paint products are all Baby safe, furry safe, feathery safe and horse safe.

Advertisements